Bonfire Recruitment is proud to be retained with an innovative growing SME manufacturing organisation in the recruitment of a permanent Area Sales Engineer.
Reporting to the Sales Director your role will be to cultivate an existing and new customer base in the aluminium industry to develop new sales opportunities for our product range and also convert existing and new sales prospects to contracts. The suitable candidate will be highly motivated individual who thrives on working in a dynamic small team environment dealing with international customers and with a passion for success and customer service.
The individual will be very capable of working independently and be highly self-motivated driven by a desire to succeed but balanced with ensuring overall customer satisfaction in the long term.
The role will require extensive international travel and the successful individual will need to demonstrate a successful track record of developing and converting technical capital equipment sales opportunities into sales contracts throughout the world. Their ability to sell ‘value adding’ technology using financial payback models and being able to understand the key decision drivers of our customers will be very important.
• To cultivate the existing and also develop new customers in his/her geographic responsibility.
• Prepare sales proposals and sales estimates as required
• To be able to present technical papers at international seminars and trade show conferences
• To develop winning sales strategies for converting sales opportunities in his/her key accounts
• To support the customer and the team throughout the contract execution phase to ensure successful achievement of customer contracts with the result of a satisfied customer
• Ability to read/manipulate AutoCAD drawings (not essential).
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excell, Word and Powerpoint packages
• Develop and use economic models to aid selling of the products in our portfolio.
• Negotiate orders up to a level around £3m/year
• Minimum 5 years international sales experience preferably with engineering capital equipment type business or strong technical business.
• Engineering or metallurgical background
• Degree qualify
• An understanding of process plant and systems helpful
• Be able to work in a team as part of a small organization.
• Team player
• Good communicator
• Proactive – able to think on their own require little guidance/management
• Strong commercial acumen
• Ability to engage at all levels in an organisation (management to shop floor)
• Active thinker and self-starter
• Willing to travel at very short notice and for 30-50% of the year cumulatively
Full job description available on request, therefore if you would like to be considered apply now
If you have any questions please contact Scott Buchanan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Manufacturing Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.