Bonfire Recruitment is proud to be retained with an innovative growing SME manufacturing organisation in the recruitment of a permanent Product Manager based in Derbyshire.
Reporting to the Managing Director of a growing company that has received numerous awards and grants that support a strong innovation and development strategy, The company is continuing on its growth strategy with ambitious targets for the future. Due to growth, our client is now looking to recruit a new key position for a Product Manager.
The role will require the successful individual to own and become responsible and accountable for a specific product(s). This is a technical role in which you will be expected to be well versed in the product, understand the customer's processes, work out potential issues and be commercially aware. You will be a good communicator with clients and internally and also a team player.
• Product development
• Ongoing monitoring of existing customer base
• Database management of all references with key performance data
• Process support for installations of the products (engineering team executes the project but this guy will ensure the ‘correct’ product scope/performance
• Support for sales in key technical/process areas on specifications, proposals and when in dialogue with customers pre-sales
• Process guarantees and monitoring/support in commissioning and startup
• Go to guy if process/product issues in performance with client
• Drive the ‘product’ customer service support (using others and themselves for undertaking the customer service contracts/trips etc.)
• Ultimately support detailed technical papers – customer case studies (working with sales)
• Know competitor activity and SWOT’s of them intimately
• Drive cost reduction/enhancements
• Drive technical specifications and manage standards of product documentation
• Previous experience within a similar product management position would be advantageous.
• Experience of working in the following areas - product design, project engineering, management and commercial.
• Engineering or metallurgical background
• Engineering degree qualified
• Technical knowledge of process plant and systems
• Be able to work in a team as part of a small organization.
• Team player
• Good communicator
• Experienced presenter
• Proactive – able to think on their own require little guidance/management
• Ability to engage at all levels in an organisation (management to shop floor)
• Active thinker and self-starter
• Willing to travel at very short notice and for 30-50% of the year cumulatively
Full job description available on request, therefore if you would like to be considered apply now
If you have any questions please contact Scott Buchanan on email@example.com
Helping Manufacturing Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.