Bonfire Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for an Operations Manager for a well-established and successful food manufacturing business in the South East.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the role will involve leading and managing the production team on site.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT - to be responsible for all people management activities working in line with the companies’ values, including absence management, appraisals, discipline and grievances. To determine and ensure the achievement of skills & training requirements of the teams, to fulfil current and future business needs. To lead, coach & motivate a multi-skilled team to achieve individual & departmental development.
- SHE – To contribute towards maintaining health & safety standards, while carrying out all duties/ specific responsibilities in compliance with Health & Safety Policies and Procedures. Develop your team to achieve shift and site environmental objectives.
- PLANT PERFORMANCE – to maximise performance via measurement, monitoring & analysis of plant information including wastage, output, utilisation, labour efficiency, quality, hygiene, energy and environmental impact and occupational health & safety - generating and implementing improvement plans.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – to take full responsibility for your shifts achievement of the production plan across site.
- QUALITY – to take full responsibility for the quality of product produced through management of & compliance with quality systems. In particular, to ensure compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS) and our Customer Quality Assurance Standards (QAS).
- BUDGETS – to take responsibility for decisions around budgetary control & conversion costs, looking for and driving improvement in collaboration with site colleagues.
- CULTURE DEVELOPMENT – to facilitate the development of an open, pro-activity culture where people take responsibility for what they do, while feeling a sense of involvement & self-worth. To continuously inform and involve all relevant personnel to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
- TEAM-WORKING - To work collaboratively across departments and shifts, delivering tactical and strategic initiatives successfully, while supporting other shifts to deliver their targets.
- INNOVATION / IMPROVEMENT – to promote continuous improvement and as part of the team proactively seek new & improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – to develop problem solving & trouble shooting skills to ensure that all team members can identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
The role will require a forward-thinking people manager who is able to liaise with all levels within the business to ensure company values, quality and safety, drive performance and develop staff on shift, whilst working on various improvement projects.
- Experience of managing at a senior level within Food Production, ideally within the chilled foods industry.
- Previous experience of a High Care production facility.
- Significant factory improvement operations experience, QMS, HACCP experience.
- The ability to inspire operations team to achieve the highest standards
- Strategic thinker, able to make decisions and manage change positively.
- Communicate effectively with all levels internally and externally.
- Capable of identifying and nurturing talent.
Should you have this experience and are interested in learning more please contact Melanie Porter by sending your most recent CV via the webpage.