Bonfire Recruitment retained in the recruitment of permanent people focused Operations Director - Warehousing & Logistics to lead a prestigious a high volume medium sized FMCG distributer in the heart of Sussex, UK
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for all warehousing and transport activity in this established and growing FMCG organisation and you will review, evolve and develop established transport, warehouse and purchasing operations processes such as implementing new technology and warehouse management systems to allow your team and the business to improve productivity, efficiency and customer service of the fast-paced environment.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and direct Transport, Warehouse and Purchasing operations of the 1-acre site
- Review and evolve existing operations processes and strategy whilst bringing your established team along the journey
- Improve productivity, efficiency and customer service with resilience and business continuity.
- Review and suggest modern procurement and supply chain methodology to ensure maximum return and efficiencies gained
- Develop existing team using data reporting tools and modern techniques
- Review and develop ERP reporting tools to allow business continuity
- Improve productivity and contribute in the growth of the business
- Degree qualified with an aptitude for developing others and using technology successfully
- Be a demonstrable inspirational leader of teams who knows what good looks like and has implemented positive change whilst brining your teams successfully on the evolutionary journey
- Have an analytical approach to data reporting and creating correct processes to allow monitoring of improvement
- Has used ERP systems and Warehouse management systems
- Has managed and planned small transport fleets (<30 )
- Understand logistic and customer service requirements inclusive of out of hours delivery schedules
- Has a consistent continuous improvement mindset with excellent people management and communication skills
Our client is an established distributor who is looking to attract fresh ideas and robust processes from an experienced operational manager who will be given the autonomy to make a positive difference for the long-term growth of the business. As such this opportunity will allow the successful individual to be a key member of the executive management team with an exceptional rewards package reflective of the experience level of the preferred candidate.
Should you have this background and wish to learn more please apply via the weblink in the first instance attaching a copy of your most recent CV.