Bonfire Recruitment is proud to be retained by an innovative capital equipment manufacturing organisation in the recruitment of a permanent Operations & Production Director for its established and growing OEM client in Derbyshire, UK.
This highly successful industrial manufacturing organisation is continuing its aggressive growth strategy that already has ambitious factory output targets set for 2020 and beyond.
We have a desirable opportunity for a World Class Factory Manager / General Manager / Operations Director to become part of the existing highly successful executive management team.
- Create, Build and manage an exceptional manufacturing factory environment and culture across multiple business units to ensure a lean and efficient production flow with a continuous improvement culture
- Create and manage world-class operations and production management systems, processes and procedures to ensure operational expectations are consistently met
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that plant and equipment is effectively positioned and maintained to allow the high value product to be produced efficiently
- Develop and manage a procurement function and systems, including key supplier partnerships to support all project procurement activities with a potential purchase ledger of >£50m.
- Refine and manage the logistics, warehousing, good in/out and stores function for the organisation
- Work closely with the executive management team, to introduce new working practices and develop a continuous improvement culture across the organisation
- Develop key KPI management metrics for your factory to meet key EHS, financial, production, quality and efficiency targets.
- Degree qualified within an engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Further education qualification focussing on business performance or management systems such as MSc, MBA, BPM, PRINCE2 , APM or similar
- Process improvement qualifications within 5 S, LEAN methodology etc
- Qualified lean six sigma black belt, MBB preferred
- Have demonstrable experience of the “Essential Responsibilities:”
- Extensive production and factory management experience – must have proven track record in managing complex production scheduling, work flows and team management
- Experience in supplier strategic relationship management and procurement of large purchase ledger (>£30m+)
- EHS management
- Have demonstrable 5 S, LEAN and Six Sigma working experience
- Proven cost management and control
- Excellent team leader capable of leading developing a high performing multi-disciplined team
Should you have this demonstrable background and wish to learn more about this truly remarkable manufacturing position please apply via the weblink attaching your most recent CV in the first instance.
Helping Manufacturing Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.