Bonfire Recruitment are retained in the recruitment of a permanent Clinical Operations Leader for an exceptional laboratory focussed commercial leadership role for its growing international client at its North West facility, UK.
As a multiple site clinical operations leader, the purpose of this desirable opportunity is to invest and develop modern operational practices within a scientific environment and to allow the technical organisations commercial strategy to be achieved for the long term.
Reporting to the CEO you will lead several high volume scientific business units through a period of significant investment and modernisation with a view to developing new lean processes and create a modern quality focussed, forward thinking and efficient operations team.
Essential responsibilities will include:
- Support the business in creating “world-class” scientific operational processes and use lean manufacturing techniques and methodology to review & improve day to day and monthly operations efficiency.
- Develop, coach and manage your highly skilled and capable team to allow modern systems and practices to benefit them and the organisation
- Be the best in class by analysing and tracking data to ensure robust processes are implemented correctly and your customers are receiving their high volume product to the specification and standards that were agreed within set tight deadlines
- Own and direct your business unit(s) managing your team and appraise their progress in achieving the goals you set and create a long-term growth plan inclusive of budget and report accordingly to the CEO
- Work with strong commercial acumen to ensure a consistent continuous improvement approach to facilitate sales growth, operational efficiency and the best quality standards
The Preferred Candidate - Essential Criteria
- Degree qualified ideally within a scientific, bioscience, chemical, engineering or similar discipline
- Demonstrable working experience to ISO 17025 standards ideally in a leadership role
- Have at least 5 years as an operations / production / laboratory / technical leader ideally within a laboratory, clean room, medical device class III or similar working environment to ISO 17025
- Hands-on process improvement experience using lean techniques and six sigma processes
In addition to the above criteria any of the following may prove to be a distinct advantage:
- Further educated - MBA , PhD or similar academic qualification
- Have at least 5 years demonstrable experience of high value P&L responsibility within a high volume, lower cost environment ideally to ISO 17025 or similar standards
- Be a qualified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with demonstrable deployment of lean or 6 Sigma production systems
Our client offers an exceptional rewards and benefits package inclusive of personal development.
Should you have this experience and wish to learn more in confidence please apply via the weblink attaching your most recent CV in the first instance.