Bonfire Recruitment is proud to be retained with an innovative growing SME manufacturing organisation in the recruitment of a Head of Operations / Project Manager.
The company is continuing on its growth strategy with ambitious targets for the future. The role will be to lead the implementation of a very aggressive business plan to exploit a new opportunity.
As this is a new technology that will certainly have technical, process and commercial challenges as it is rolled out, the drive, energy and passion to push through the implementation into the market. This is not a 9 to 5 job!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who, while they are ambitious and passionate in their drive to succeed, is an excellent team leader/team player and thrives on working in an exciting medium-sized company environment dealing with technically complex international customer projects.
The role will require an excellent project and operational management skills, managing strong engineering, technical and process focused teams on many concurrent international projects which may number 10 “live” projects by end of 2019 with the accumulated project value of > £50million. Experience in dealing with technically complex process plant project implementation to an international client base will be crucial.
• To successfully manage a team to implement multiple technical complex projects globally to stringent international and environmental standards
• Manage the supply chain and key sub-contractors to support the anticipated business growth in sales
• To support the business development/sales function to converting future sales opportunities, with correct technical, commercial and process specifications to allow the generation of the planned revenue and profitability
• Ability to present the technology with confidence and ease at technical seminars and international trade conferences
• Participate in the company’s management team
• Will need to be prepared for a reasonable level (might be significant at times in terms of frequency, not duration), travel overseas to support the companies project implementation and be the “face” of the companies implementation globally
• Engineering or Business Degree or similar essential, Chartered Status (or working towards) and/or MBA beneficial.
• Project-based engineering experience ideally within a process-based industry, aluminium preferable but not essential.
• Project management capability – must have proven track record in managing success-fully complex international projects (multi suppliers, end user, technical development and engineering with international emphasis possibly) with project values in the £5m to£15m range.
• Technical capability understands engineering/plant/process technology – could be metals plant/equipment supply/ oil and gas or other process/petrochemical due to this product being a process plant
• Capital Equipment Engineering or Metallurgical experience is essential
• Totally focused customer satisfaction underpins personal values
• Ability to develop and manage project plans effectively and solve issues that affect deliverables creatively without saying ‘it is what it is’ !!
• Proven project cost control and operational profitability management
• Excellent team leader capable of leading developing technical and commercial tea
• Commercial/contract terms awareness and proficiency
• Negotiation capability (without support) but with direction on what is allowed/boundaries
• Pro-active and a self-starter
• A passion to succeed in a global environment and take a product line to > £35m in 5 years
Full job description available on request, therefore if you would like to be considered apply now
If you have any questions please contact Scott Buchanan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Manufacturing Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.