Bonfire Recruitment have a significant permanent opportunity for a result focussed, hands on Head of Metal Fabrication within the operations of our retained turnkey client’s facility in the North east near Sunderland, UK.
Due to a period of long-term expansion and significant growth our client has invested in a major fabrication and machining facility and offers traditional and cutting-edge fabrication, welding and machining technology to their heavy and specialised industrial customers supplying their bespoke products throughout the UK, to Europe and beyond.
Reporting to the VP the purpose of the Head of Fabrication is to review and establish best working practices throughout the new state-of-the-art fabrication and assembly facility creating a platform for a motivated team of disciplined specialists whilst ensuring project targets for product quality, product availability, output, timeliness and cost are met consistently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing hands on leadership and organisation to conduct current fabrication & welding operations and develop the capability to meet future needs
- Maximise staff contribution and develop individuals to their full potential by providing effective coaching/mentoring and appraisal throughout the department.
- Ensure the department meets agreed targets for product quality, product availability, output, timeliness and cost.
- Project manage all the jobs in the fabrication shop and expedite the machine shop for the pending jobs for the output.
- Create a plan for manpower and direct and manage labour times to jobs according to budgeted hours and provide guidance in terms of delivery dates, priorities and overall planning.
- Produce an overall plan for the manpower to deliver the required output.
- Identify and recruit new team members and specialists to support growth schedule
- Create budgets and forecasts to the dates required and control costs within agreed limits.
The preferred candidate is expected to:
- Be a hands on motivational operations, production or engineering manager
- Be time served or degree qualified within an engineering discipline such as welding, mechanical engineering, metallurgy etc.
- Have at least 8 years demonstrable UK management experience within a fabrication facility
- Have created and designed production processes that provide maximum efficiency and process control in a fabrication environment
- Have successfully worked with major customers in industries such as Utilities, Oil & Gas, Defence, Aerospace, chemicals, automotive etc
- An engaging and people focussed individual who is results driven with commercial awareness and a successful track record of getting projects completed on time and to budget with major customers
- The role requires strong internal and external stakeholder management and relationship building skills and the ability to collaboratively influence at all levels of an organisation.
Our client is keen to attract the best talent to their organisation and the preferred candidate will be rewarded with a leading rewards package.
Should you have this background please apply via the web in the first instance attaching a copy of your most recent CV in the first instance.