Bonfire Recruitment are working on a significant opportunity to recruit a commercially driven, hands-on, Group Finance Director for our retained and exclusive client with a proven track record of leading and developing finance and operations teams in an SME environment, to work alongside the company leadership team to drive the future growth and deliver the 5 year plan.
Reporting to the board, as part of the leadership team :
- Driving success of the 5-year plan
- Developing company strategy and culture
- Growing and developing the team as needed to support the plan
Long term planning and strategy :
- Collaborating with the Board on the 5-year business plan and owning the financial model that supports this
- Leading the bottom up budgeting process across the group
- Effective long-term cash planning to ensure resources available to act on commercial opportunities as they arise
Finance function :
- Lead and develop the finance function as needed to support the plan
- Review of key weekly and monthly financial reporting including weekly sales report, monthly management accounts and reporting to the Board.
- Ensuring compliance with reporting deadlines internally and externally, including to HMRC and other regulatory bodies
- Implementing further controls and systems improvements when and where needed as the company continues to grow and develop, to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial processes and reporting at all times
Commercial finance :
- Reporting on profitability of different channels and markets across the business, and providing insights for action
- Providing insight from analysis and business partnering across the team to advise on areas including on strategy, pricing, contract structure etc.
- Working closely with the commercial team on key deals / tenders to ensure the opportunities are maximised
- Overall business risk management, including management of company insurances, and supply chain business continuity reviews
- Overseeing IT and legal functions of the business, liaising with external consultants where appropriate to ensure high levels of service in these areas across the business
Experience & Competencies Required :
The Group Finance Director is expected to have the following experience and competencies:
- Strong academics and accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Significant post qualification experience in industry, including working in a growing SME within the manufacturing or engineering sector.
- Confidence in leading a team from the front, driving results
- Commercial acumen with demonstrable experience in impacting positively on results and growth of a business
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining sight of the bigger picture to ensure focus is given to the right areas across the business
- Integrity – high levels of honesty and openness, sensitivity to team
- Drive – full accountability for delivery of results and projects on time in full, ensuring delivery of team, desire to win, pro-active and self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Influence – ability to influence and lead a team, influence up to board level, and provide insight from expertise to drive decision making and negotiate effectively with third parties
- Entrepreneurial – being adaptable and flexible with passion and motivation to drive significant growth
If you would like to be considered apply now
For a confidential discussion please contact Terry Mallin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 354 1386
Helping Manufacturing Professionals across the UK to find their next career move
Disclaimer: Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.