Bonfire Recruitment are working with a leading specialist food manufacturing company based in East Yorkshire, to recruit an Engineering Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Maintenance / Engineering Manager or a career driven Engineering Supervisor to take on a new challenge and develop.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will be diverse, interesting and rewarding. The role will be responsible for leading and supporting the engineering function which includes managing a team of supervisors and engineers. The role offers an open working environment, responsibility, great work colleagues and opportunities for personal development and career growth.
• Leading and managing a team of supervisors and engineers
• Monitoring, training and developing a team – multiskilling, succession planning and apprenticeships programmes
• Defining and implementing engineering and maintenance strategy
• Capex planning
• Defining and setting KPIs, measuring the team against them and driving improvements from them
• Ensure there are no engineering-related issues which prevent the factory from achieving the production schedule every day
• Instilling an improvement culture in the engineering team and helping the rest of the business deliver improvement projects
• Designing appropriate PPM schedule, ensuring they’re carried out and follow-ups completed
• Identifying maintenance improvement opportunities and developing an action plan to deliver.
• Defining and implementing engineering equipment and contractor standards
• Negotiating contract and supply costs, ensuring value for money
• Maintaining an awareness of technological developments
• Managing smaller-scale capex projects
• Co-ordinate out-of-production-hours activities and deliver planned work to time/cost/quality requirements
• Provide engineering management information, technical information, expertise and support
• Budget planning and responsibility
• Ensuring compliance – food safety/BRC, hygiene, quality, GMP, SHE
Candidate Requirements :
- Minimum 5 years practical engineering experience and management.
- Food factory production / manufacturing experience desired.
- Strong leadership skills
- Have a desire to make improvements
- Be collaborative – listen to, and work with other team
- Be pro-action
- Have great attention to detail
- To be able to prioritise, organise and plan and understand the consequences of plans and actions
- To have a H&S focus
To be considered for this vacancy please click on the apply button, submitting a recent copy of your CV. Following review, if your details are of interest, our lead recruiter will be in contact to discuss further. Due to the high volume of applications for this role, we will not be able to give direct feedback, unless requested, if you are unsuccessful for shortlisting.
About Bonfire Recruitment :
Bonfire Recruitment has relationships with a selected number of food manufacturers throughout the UK.
We have a strong understanding of how each of our partner sites operate and what type of candidates will suit best for the role.
If you do have any questions on the role please call Melanie Porter directly on 0141 354 1403.
Possible Previous Job Titles :
Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Factory Engineer, Chief Engineer, Site Engineer, Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Team Leader, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Team Leader