Bonfire Recruitment are working with a leading agricultural manufacturing company based in Lincolnshire, to recruit an Development Chemist.
This role will be diverse, interesting and rewarding. You will be working in a busy industrial lab, improving and developing complex mixtures. Liaising with multiple departments.
• Working closely with the production, sales & marketing departments on all new products
• Improving & developing existing products
• Developing new and innovative formulations
• General laboratory housekeeping
Previous laboratory experience is required, but may be in the form of either work based experience, or a strong academic background; however, full training will be given on laboratory protocols and the use of specialist equipment.
Candidate Requirements :
- Ideally have a degree in Chemistry or a related field
- Must have a good background understanding of Chemistry
- Experience working with complex mixtures
- Be able to demonstrate good mathematical skills and computer literacy
- Minimum 5 years experience in a busy lab
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to develop
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential
- Have a desire to make improvements
- Be collaborative – listen to, and work with other team members
- Have great attention to detail
- To be able to prioritise, organise and plan and understand the consequences of plans and actions
- Ideally a background in toiletry/cosmetic or ink/paint formulations
- Experience of Rheology & suspensions
To be considered for this vacancy please click on the apply button, submitting a recent copy of your CV. Following review, if your details are of interest, our lead recruiter will be in contact to discuss further. Due to the high volume of applications for this role, we will not be able to give direct feedback, unless requested, if you are unsuccessful for shortlisting.
About Bonfire Recruitment :
Bonfire Recruitment has relationships with a selected number of manufacturers throughout the UK.
We have a strong understanding of how each of our partner sites operate and what type of candidates will suit best for the role.
If you do have any questions on the role please call Melanie Porter directly on 0141 354 1403.
Possible Previous Job Titles :
Development Chemist, Chemist, Research Chemist, R&D, Laboratory