Bonfire Recruitment are working with a leading specialist engineering company based in Buckinghamshire, to recruit a Demand Planning Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Demand Planning / Supply Chain Manager or a career driven Supply Chain Supervisor to take on a new challenge and develop.
Are you passionate about Demand Planning? If you thrive within a complex and dynamic working environment, where timely coordination and communication across teams and functions within the end-to-end supply chain is crucial, then you might be the Demand Planning Manager we are looking for.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this role will be diverse, interesting and rewarding. you will need to be a strong executor with forecasting and demand planning experience.
You will be responsible for timely consolidation and qualification of market and customer intelligence, providing input to the Sales & Operations planning forecasting process. Your key focus will be to drive, implement and execute the end-to-end demand planning processes. A large part of your job will also be to:
- Preparing forecast data requirements of customers. Coordinating requirements between customer/CSC and supply chain
- Expediting product requirements from supply chain and assisting CSC in allocating stock to customer orders
- Produce product Qty forecasts, translating data into financial forecasts
- Coordinate with IT, SAP data maintenance requirements
- Implementation and review Service Level Agreements internally and externally (SLA’s)
- Manage the process of securing target customers onto EDI or digital trading platforms
With several continuous running projects, you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you navigate smoothly in changes and ensure a strong overview and focus on progress.
There is also a possibility to a team leader role in the future.
Candidate Requirements :
You hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree within Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. You have minimum of 5 years’ experience working within B2B set up in similar or related role. On a more personal level, you have an outgoing and positive attitude, and you have a strong will to succeed. You have excellent skills within communication and negotiation, and you understand and respect cultural differences. You respect and understand the business needs, and take these into consideration in every decision. You must be proactive with a passion for successful results
Preferably you have also experience with or understanding of:
- Ability to demonstrate skills related to managing high levels of SKU, with a focus on forecast activity with KPI’s related to accuracy.
- Ability to translate product QTY forecast into accurate financial predictions.
- Experience of expediting deliveries and problem solving in a timely manner.
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels, with a focus on communicating with both customer and sales organisation, and to interact with supply chain teams to reach goals and business objectives
- Ability to take full responsibility for decisions and results even when all elements are not under individual direct control
- Ability to set goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to changing environment
- Proven ability within continuous improvement and root cause problem solving
- Proven ability to motivate and co-ordinate in a multi-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills – including first class reporting techniques
- Knowledge of SAP supply chain systems and Data Warehouse
- Your experience of 8D/Six Sigma philosophy and LEAN is considered an advantage.
By joining this company you will have the chance to make a difference within their global workplace and to be part of their successful and professional team. In this position you can grow, challenge yourself and work closely with different stakeholders in the company.
To be considered for this vacancy please click on the apply button, submitting a recent copy of your CV. Following review, if your details are of interest, our lead recruiter will be in contact to discuss further. Due to the high volume of applications for this role, we will not be able to give direct feedback, unless requested, if you are unsuccessful for shortlisting.
About Bonfire Recruitment :
Bonfire Recruitment has relationships with a selected number of manufacturers throughout the UK.
We have a strong understanding of how each of our partner sites operate and what type of candidates will suit best for the role.
If you do have any questions on the role please call Melanie Porter directly on 0141 354 1403.
Possible Previous Job Titles :
Supply Chain Analyst, Supply Chain Coordinator, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Consultant, Materials Planner, Production Planner, Demand Planner, Production Planner, Demand Planning Manager, Production Planning Manager