Bonfire Recruitment is retained in the recruitment of a permanent Chief Electrical Engineer – Technical Authority for its established and growing capital equipment manufacturing client in Derbyshire, UK.
We have a prestigious opportunity for a qualified electrical engineer to lead and direct all aspects of electrical activity at our growing manufacturing client’s northern UK manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for the technical review & approval or rejection of design documents which will include design calculations, plans & layouts, small power distribution board schedules, fault analysis calculations
- Be the focal point for HV & LV Switchgear & VFD , FAT's.
- Lead technical review meetings & commissioning programme meetings
- Direct the production of electrical engineering specification & technical review & approval of design documents associated with LVD
- Manage and lead the Electrical Engineering Department to ensure full compliance with all Health Safety and Environmental responsibilities
- Lead factory acceptance testing of electrical control systems for packaged plant
- Review the electrical content of a project and represent the company at meetings with the contractor
- Provision of specifications to electrical sub-contractors to enable them to design and supply electrical controls equipment for the company’s projects.
- Lead the electrical aspects of the company’s projects.
- Provide safety leadership making the appropriate procedures and interventions to prevent unsafe situations or unacceptable risks being taken whilst ensuring work is carried out efficiently
- Co-ordinate and manage of electrical sub-contracting companies.
- Provide support to the commissioning team during plant start-ups and be involved with technical problem solving
- Provide technical support to the sales and applications team as required.
- Provide support to the manuals department and ensure that relevant electrical documentation is available for inclusion in the O&M manuals
- Provide remote technical support to engineers out on site
- Manage design engineers, wiremen, service engineers and commissioning engineers
- Interface with general contractors, subcontractors, consultants and manufacturer's representatives
- Provide support to H&S manager for compliance, electrical safety and procedures.
- Check and verify electrical drawings and design calculations
- Technical consultancy to sales and end users
- Qualified Electrical Engineer by Degree/Diploma or time served.
- 5 Years demonstrable UK working experience within a senior electrical engineering role ideally with leadership responsibilities
BE certified in the following:
- C&G 2391 OR C&G 2394 & C&G 2395
- EAL Inspection and Testing and Initial Verification qualifications
- C&G 2391.50 & 2391.51 (EICR) OR 2391.52 preferred
- C&G 4467 , C&G 2396 , NET AAC , NET AM2
- Demonstrable experience of working to BS 7671
- Demonstrable experience of designing electrical control systems using Eplan and/or AutoCAD type design packages
- Demonstrable knowledge of Siemens controls, drives and PLC hardware
- Siemens TIA Portal, PLC programming and WINCC or similar type package in Rockwell platform etc.
- Taken part in commissioning and site installs
- Industrial manufacturing background in ideally in Process plants, package plant, recycling, heavy plant etc
- Willing to travel occasionally.
Our client offers an excellent comprehensive rewards package and career path reflective of the successful candidate’s background & experience.