Bonfire Recruitment is proud to be retained by an innovative capital equipment manufacturer in the recruitment of an area commissioning engineer to create, direct and implement the commissioning policy of high value plant and work closely with site installation teams to deliver projects safely and on time for its global customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a qualified commissioning engineer with significant commissioning experience in delivering high value projects on site who is looking for the autonomy to make their mark on the growth of a high value products commissioning team within this growing global business for the long term.
The Commissioning Engineer will:
- Create all aspects of the commissioning process and the project commissioning plan inclusive of all documentation, technical files, compliance with design standards, safety legislation, regulatory requirements and the needs of the customer
- Ensure adequate commissioning activities are in line with the project commissioning plan.
- Create progress reporting plan and performance of the plant and associated equipment
- Create and confirm a planned & preventative maintenance programme is scheduled, actioned and recorded.
- Coordinate operations staff allocated to the project and supervise their day to day activities ensuring the plant is safely operated and performing correctly.
- Conduct and attend commissioning meetings with internal and external stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate the plant site acceptance tests and mitigate issues as they arise, optimise the plant and equipment to ensure that the performance guarantees are met.
- Handover of the plant to the client and assist in creating the test documentation.
- Qualified engineer in an electrical or chemical discipline
- Have at least 5 years demonstrable experience as a commissioning engineer on similar high value projects.
- Team player with a professional & committed “can-do” attitude who is happy work autonomously on commissioning projects
- Demonstrable experience of commissioning high value equipment in remote locations
- Passionate about doing a good job whilst being part of a growing business
- Customer focussed with excellent communication skills and a successful track record of developing customer relationships
- HSE awareness and commitment to excellent safety performance.
- Good IT skills particularly in MS Excel in creating spreadsheets, reports and data interpretations.
- Strong people & communication skills, relationship building, influencing and collaborative work style developed through working in complex and team-focused environments.
Our client is keen to attract the best talent appropriate to the role and has an impressive rewards package inclusive of significant benefits and personal development.